THE SOLUTION TO OVER SPEED AND GREATER SAFETY
The greatest hazard condition of a Pneumatic Vertical & Horizontal Grinders is caused by over speed. 90% of over speed occurs in the off load condition. Malfunction due to wear and tear on the speed controller, which then allows the grinding wheel to run to speeds higher than the safety limits of the grinding wheel resulting in wheel failure disintegration and injury.
TURBO G4 – RAPID RESPONSE SPEED CONTROLLER
HOW IT WORKS
The TURBO G4 bursts into life the second you switch on the safety lock throttle, running to the maximum safe permissible speed of the wheel. When the slightest load is applied the speed controller senses this and responds by increasing airflow with only a 3% reduction in speed under full load. Conventional speed controllers reduce speed by between 12% and 20% speed reduction under full load result in reducing power output, production and wheel life potential. Another great feature of the grinder’s speed controller is decreased motor speed with any increase in air pressure above design 6.2bar pressure (90psi), which is unique to the Turbo G4 rapid response governor.
- Greater safety because the motor speed does not increase with increase in air pressure
- Greater safety as speed controller works in unison that is there are no stationary components acting against rotating components resulting in longer life of this vital assembly
- Safety lever on throttle eliminates accidental activation
AIR CONSUMPTION BENEFITS
- Lower over-all consumption is achieved due to super-efficient motor and governor design.
OTHER UNIQUE FEATURES
- Lubrication-free technology
- Excellent spares and service backup
- BEST IN CLASS – Low weight and excellent power to weight ratio
- Handles are ergonomically angled to reduce operator fatigue
- Side-to-centre of body equals backing discs side-to-centre allowing full wheel potential for back grinding and cutting off operations
- Safety lock throttle levers as standard
- Detachable handles and motor cap for lower maintenance costs
- Wide governed speed range: max 10200rpm – 3000rpm (ungeared) direct drive
- Proudly designed and manufactured in South Africa